Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day!



When I asked Josh what he wanted to do for Valentine's Day, he went on this rant about how it's all a marketing ploy and only an excuse for spending money on things that don't really have much sentimental value any way. But just when I wanted to start pouting about his cynicism, he said, "We can be romantic any day we want - we don't need a calendar to tell us when." *Sigh* I love this man.

And I completely agree with him. But at the same time, I never shy away from an excuse to make a regular old day extra special. That's what made Valentine's Day so much fun in grade school - sure candy and cards are nice, but anything out of the ordinary was cause enough for celebration.
So we did decide to do a little something special today after all...




Josh made me my favorite meal - Chicken in Mustard Sauce, with egg noodles and green beans (I made the green beans). I couldn't eat it fast enough! If I were ever in a position to request a last meal, this would probably be it. We paired it with a lovely bottle of 2000 Maison Louis Latour Puligny-Montrachet - deliciously crisp, with a slightly smokey nose and a bit of green apple in the finish. A nice clean white to pair with the rich dish.


And I made Josh a Chocolate Ganache tart, which I decorated with cocoa powder. (I talked him into getting the heart-shaped tart pan for me last Valentine's day). It was DELICIOUS, and he's already asked me to make it for him for his birthday in a couple of weeks. 

I also wanted, in honor of today, to share with you some of my favorite red, pink, and otherwise Valentine's-y dresses.........

Dolce and Gabbana Spring 2010

Marc Jacobs Resort 2010


Valentino PreFall 2010


Carolina Herrera PreFall 2010


Jason Wu Fall 2010


Valentino Couture Spring 2006



Monique L'Huillier Fall 2010


Christian Dior Couture Spring 2009


L'Wren Scott Spring 2010


Louis Vuitton Fall 2009


Marchesa Fall 2008


No comments:

Post a Comment