Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Important People....


     Today is a special day for one of my most favorite people, my sister Sydney (a.k.a Squidney/ Little Squiddle/ Squidney Ann McSquidmont). Today Sydney graduated from New York University, with more accolades than I can keep straight. 
      There are so many things to say about Sydney - she is incredibly intelligent and creative, and I'm continually impressed by how utterly talented she is. It seems that everything Syd puts her hands and heart to can't help but be beautiful. She is also one of the most adventurous people I know. Being my younger sister, in some ways I've always imagined her as 'under my wing.' But the reach of her curiosity, her openness, her willingness to learn have surprised me in such a joyous way and have shown me how to see the world as a place full of amazing things to be discovered.
      Sydney is more 'herself' than anyone I've ever met. She is unmistakable, and I love her for that. I know that humanity is better off for her being a part of it, and it's only a matter of time before the rest of the world gets to see that too.

Sydney is a muse....she gives so many looks.



Sydney is an excellent dancer.

Sydney is a world traveler....here she is in exotic suburban Nashville, TN.

Sydney's hair has it's own personality.


Sydney helped me, day and night, with preparations for my fashion show...right up to the last minute.

Sydney commands the attention of the room.

     Congratulations, Sydney. I am so proud of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment